Chystáte se do Číny a potřebujete poradit? Podívejte se na můj web, kde najdete nabídku konzultací

sobota 18. listopadu 2017

Barriers

Some things can be solved very fast if the authorities want to …

To keep fit (and to keep fitting into my trousers after eating all the greasy canteen food) I try to go regularly running. Once I decided to run by the inner wall of the campus, so that I know how it is long (about 6-7 km btw).
When I was passing one of the four gates to the campus there were these plastic barriers which are usually used on streets or paths to indicate where (not) to stay or drive. They were just loosely connected with a string and, most importantly, they were in my way, so I just jumped over the string and continued further. The policeman (yes, we have policemen at each gate) in the gate apparently saw me, but he did not say anything. 

When I was running the same path two days later the barriers were connected with a chain and the chain was tighten, so that the barrier was about 20 cm higher. It was in my way, so I jumped over again and continued my way laughing in my mind imagining that it might have been because of me. Hahaha. 

But I stopped laughing when I was running the same path for the third time. There were iron barriers. Seriously? I stopped, looking at the shiny “fence”. Is this really possible? OK, China, I got the message. For the third time I ran around the barriers, otherwise they might build a wall next time.

This is just a simple example from daily life to illustrate how the “order” is stressed here. If you are not behaving as you should according to the system, the system will make you to follow the order. 

This is how the gate looks after my "intervention"

Žádné komentáře: